Saturday, June 25, 2011

This is what I do instead of clean my house...



My entryway is now sporting a brand spanking new wall quilt.  What a joy this project was.  This was one of the projects that my sister and I bought last year at the Houston Quilt Show.  This was "we can't come back unless we finish at least one of the projects we spent money on this year" quilt.  It's a quilt-as-you-go by Prairie Sky Quilting.  This one is named "Easy Diamonds Quilt"  Being the OCD woman who likes to play with big machines, I converted the pattern into an 'in the hoop' project on my embroidery machine.  I can't really say how long it took, as real life gets in the way of what I really want to do in my sewing room. (That would be laundry and feeding my family)  I bought the fabric in January, I cut the pieces in April and have slowly put it together since then.  I highly recommend this quilt pattern company, the designs are fairly easy to assemble and lots of fun.

No comments: