Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Summer Sewing

Today was a sewing day!  Yay!
Miss R arrived with one of her father's t-shirts in hand, and we got started on this very fun summer skirt.  The idea from this came from one of my friends who saw it on sewlikemymom.com  It turned out to be a very fun and doable project

Miss R is ready to start!
concentrating....
it all started with one of Dad's t-shirts
cute shirring on the waistband
playing with the fancy decorative stitches on the sewing machine
the finished project!
I'm thinking that the ease of this project will result in a lot of skirts this summer.  Basically we hand wound elastic thread onto the bobbin.  Then using a strait stitch with medium tension, we started at the top edge and continued around 7 times.  Tied the ends of the elastic in square knots and voila! it was done.    

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Turned out great! Can you teach me to do it so I can make one for my daughter?

Melanie said...

so stinkin easy! We usually meet for 2 hours, but his was easily done in about 45 minutes. Grab a t-shirt and come see me. It's a quick and fun project.