Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wild Things

I had a request for a job a few weeks ago.  It was a job that needed to be done quickly, as she had an event that the aprons were needed for.  Her business is a custom designed scrapbooking thingie (I work in fabric, not paper, so it's out of my element).  The customer was wanting her logo to be appliquéd in animal prints and embroider her logo on a denim apron.  
Checking out the spacing

Example of the animal prints

The finished Apron

Close up of the ruffle on the pocket top

The Happy customer
 The appliqué turned out very clean and I really like the way the animal prints pop on the blue.  The ruffle was a little added to touch that appeases the girly-girl that lives inside this sharp woman.

I'm excited to do more applique, it's like coloring, except I get to use fabric instead of crayons.    

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Mel, that turned out so cool! So do you use your embroidery machine for this? I love applique...when I get grandchildren they'll probably be dressed entirely in applique...

Melanie said...

Yes I do. My designs consist of 2 outline stitches. The first one is to show me where to put the fabric. The 2nd one tacks down the fabric. Then I cut around the design (very very close) and the 3rd step is a satin stitch. But since I have done the programming before hand, all 3 layers are in the exact position. It's very satisfying... I'm starting a new quilt, it's about half appliqué .

Cindy said...

Sigh...it sounds so much easier that way! Makes me long for an embroidery machine!